When was the last time that you did air duct cleaning in your home?
If it’s been a while now, there is a good chance that your air ducts are filled with dust and other debris.
The average home collects about 40 pounds of dust each year. If you don’t clean your air ducts on a regular basis, a lot of this dust will end up in your air ducts eventually.
This dust is going to wreak havoc on your home’s indoor air quality. It might also force you to tackle more HVAC repairs than usual over time.
So, how often should you hire an HVAC cleaning company to clean your air ducts for you to avoid these things? Find out the answer to this question and get some more useful air duct cleaning tips below.
Clean Your Air Ducts At Least Once Every Few Years
First things first: There isn’t really a clear-cut answer to the question, “How often should you clean your air ducts?” There are all kinds of factors that can affect how often you should go through with this process.
But generally speaking, The HVAC Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Association recommends cleaning your air ducts at least once every few years. To be on the safe side, you should think about trying to clean your air ducts every three years.
You’re going to sleep better at night knowing that your home’s indoor air quality is as good as it can possibly be when you make it your mission to clean your air ducts this often.
Consider Cleaning Your Air Ducts More Often in Certain Instances
Most homeowners will be able to get away with only having their air ducts cleaned once every three years or so. But there are some instances in which you might want to consider cleaning your home’s air ducts even more often than that.
Here are several reasons why you might want to clean your air ducts more than just every three years:
- You have at least one smoker living in your home
- You have pets in your home that shed and put out a lot of pet dander into the air
- You have people in your home who suffer from allergies
- You have a home that has sustained water damage in the past
- You have a home that has undergone extensive remodeling recently
If your home falls into any of these categories, you might want to clean your air ducts more often than other homeowners might have to. It’s going to be the only way to ensure your home’s indoor air quality is as good as it can be.
Look Out for Signs That Show You Need to Clean Your Air Ducts
While it can be a little confusing trying to determine exactly how often you should clean your air ducts, the good news is that there are signs that’ll indicate you need to have it done. You should keep these signs on your radar and keep an eye out for them.
Take a look at some of the signs that are going to let you know that you should schedule air duct cleaning ASAP:
- The vents for your HVAC system are dusty all the time
- Your furnace filter is getting clogged up quicker than it should
- You’re smelling unpleasant odors coming from your air ducts
- You can’t seem to get the air in your home to circulate enough
If you sense that something might be going on with your air ducts, it would be well worth having them cleaned. That alone could fix many of the problems we just mentioned.
Choose the Right Company to Clean Your Air Ducts
If you would like to have your air ducts cleaned, you shouldn’t call on just any HVAC cleaning company to assist you. You want to call on one of the very best companies in the business to make sure they’re able to clean your air ducts properly.
You can find a great HVAC cleaning company by:
- Googling “air duct cleaning near me” to see which options you have in your area
- Doing your research on the different air duct cleaning companies in your city
- Seeing which air duct cleaning companies have the best reputation around
- Hiring the air duct cleaning company that appears to be your best option of the bunch
A great air duct cleaning will clean your air ducts for you and tell you how long you should go between cleanings after evaluating your air ducts. They’ll also be able to do all this for a price you can afford.
Do What You Can to Keep Your Air Ducts Clean
In between air duct cleanings, there are some things you can do to keep your air ducts clean. You might be able to scale back on how often you need to clean your air ducts by doing them.
You can make your air ducts cleaner by:
- Vacuuming the floors in your home on a regular basis to keep dust and other debris out of the air
- Replacing your furnace filter as needed to allow it to capture more dust from your home’s air
- Opening up the windows in your home every now and then to eliminate stale air from your house and replace it with fresh air
The more diligent you are about taking these steps, the less you should have to schedule air duct cleaning.
Contact Us to Arrange to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Do you get the feeling that it might be time to clean your air ducts? If so, we would like to lend a helping hand to you.
We can make the air in your home so much cleaner than it is now by extending the air duct cleaning services you need. We can also offer other services like dryer vent cleaning to you.
Get in touch with us today to make an appointment to have your air ducts cleaned in Thurston, Pierce, or King County in Washington State.